Listen to Story
November 21, 2023 – The Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) has announced that it will be operating on reduced schedules during the Thanksgiving holiday, including Thanksgiving Day and the following weekend. However, the DCTA has confirmed that their GoZone on-demand rideshare service will remain available throughout the holiday period.
Key Schedule Changes and Services
- Connect Bus: Will not operate on Thanksgiving Day (November 23, 2023). It will run on a Saturday schedule on November 24, 2023.
- A-train: Closed on Thanksgiving Day, following a Saturday schedule on November 24.
- GoZone Rideshare: Operating on a Sunday schedule on Thanksgiving Day, and will resume regular services on November 24.
- UNT Campus Shuttle: Limited service (DP 146 only) from November 20-22. There will be no service from November 23 through November 25.
- North Texas Xpress Bus: No service on Thanksgiving Day, but will resume regular services on November 24.
- Access Paratransit: No service on Thanksgiving Day, with regular services resuming on November 24.
- Frisco Demand Response: No service on Thanksgiving Day, with regular services resuming on November 24.
- Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC) / Customer Service Call Center: Closed on Thanksgiving Day. On November 25, the call center will operate from 8 am to 4 pm.
Planning Ahead for the Holidays
DCTA urges travelers to visit the DCTA Service Updates page online for detailed service schedules throughout the entire winter holiday season. This will help passengers make informed travel plans during the holidays.
Established in 2002, the Denton County Transportation Authority is a vital entity for enhancing mobility, improving air quality, and fostering economic development in the region. In FY23 alone, DCTA served approximately 2.9 million passengers across various services, including 18 fixed bus routes, a 21-mile A-train commuter rail line, on-demand rideshare, paratransit, and other transportation solutions in Denton County and surrounding areas.
For further information about DCTA’s initiatives and services, the public is encouraged to visit RideDCTA.net or follow DCTA on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter/X, Instagram, and LinkedIn.