Changes Take Effect No Later Than June 14, 2021
DENTON, TX, June 2, 2021 – Starting June 14, all City of Denton public meetings will be available in one of three formats: in-person, virtual, or hybrid. These meeting formats will remain in effect through Aug. 31, 2021, or revocation by Governor Abbott of the authority for local governments to hold virtual meetings. All public meetings will return to an in-person format beginning September 1, 2021.
Public participation instructions are available on all posted meeting agendas and at www.cityofdenton.com/publicmeetings.
The following boards, commissions, and committee meetings will return to being held in person with public access. Public comments can be made in person using a comment card. These meetings will not be streamed digitally.
- Agenda Committee
- Airport Advisory Board
- Animal Shelter Advisory Committee
- Audit Finance Committee
- Bond Oversight Committee
- Civil Service Commission
- Committee on Community Engagement
- Committee on the Environment
- Community Development Advisory Committee
- Community Partnership Committee
- Council Airport Committee
- Council Appointee Performance Review Committee
- Development Code Review Committee
- Downtown Denton Tax Increment Financing Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) No. 1 Board
- Health and Building Standards Commission
- Historic Landmark Commission
- Human Services Advisory Committee
- Library Board
- Parks, Recreation, and Beautification Board
- Public Art Committee
- Sustainability Framework Advisory Committee
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) Number Two Board
- Traffic Safety Committee
The following boards, commissions, and committee meetings will continue to be held virtually. Public comments can be made over the phone during the meeting, or by completing a Virtual White Card prior to the meeting at www.cityofdenton.com/publicmeetings. Virtual meetings will continue to be broadcast live on DTV, streamed digitally, and will be available on demand on the City of Denton website.
The following boards, commissions, and committee meetings will be held both in-person and virtually. For these hybrid meetings, public comments can be made in person, over the phone during the meeting, or by completing Virtual White Cards prior to the meeting at www.cityofdenton.com/publicmeetings. Hybrid meetings will be broadcast live on DTV, streamed digitally, and will be available on demand on the City of Denton website.
How to Watch Recorded Meetings
Broadcast meetings are available live and on demand online at www.cityofdenton.com/dtv and are televised live on DTV, the City’s government access cable channel. Recordings of these meetings will also be posted on the Public Meetings page at www.cityofdenton.com/publicmeetings.
Contact: Ryan Adams, (940) 349-8565, Ryan.Adams@cityofdenton.com
Source: City of Denton