PURPOSE AND ELIGIBILITY
All artwork must be original, not a copy of a painting or another image. No mechanical reproductions of original work. NO giclee’ prints. Only work completed in the last 36 months will be accepted.
This is a Juried exhibit. Artists may enter 3 pieces for jurying. Entering artists will be limited to one piece selected for possible inclusion in the Exhibition . The entry fee is $30 for VAST members and $35 for non members. Pay using the link on our vastarts.org web site or through your personal Paypal account with your name and “175-mile” in the note box to firstname.lastname@example.org
or write a check and mail it to VAST, PO Box 1281, Denton, TX 76202.
VAST and the juror reserve the right to reject any work that is not accurately represented by the digital image or is not in compliance with entry regulations.
Wall-mounted work must be framed and ready for secure installation:
– framed work must have d-rings and wire (no sawtooth hangers) fiber pieces/quilts must have a hanging apparatus able to hang from 1 or 2 nails (e.g. a rod pocket with dowel) other wall-mounted pieces (glass, ceramic, metal, etc.) must have a secure hanging apparatus able to hang from 1 or 2 nails.
Bumpers required for framed pieces
40” maximum width dimension for 2D work
50 lbs. maximum weight for 2D and 3D work
White or off-white mats only
Works on canvas must either be framed or have clean, FINISHED gallery-wrapped edges
Artist name and title of work must be clearly indicated on the back of the work
Work must not have been exhibited in any previous VAST juried exhibition.
Images of award-winning entries will become the property of the Visual Arts Society of Texas for the catalog and other printed material as well as for archives, website, and educational purposes.
- October 1st, Thursday: All images due online to: email@example.com
- Oct 5, Mon.: Artists notified of accepted work
- Oct 9, Fri.: Artists statements and bios due online to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nov 3 /4 (Tues/Wed): Take in of art work from 10-5 at the Meadows Gallery, Patterson Appleton Arts Center (PA-AC)
- Nov 10 (Tues) Exhibition opens to the public
- Dec 12 (Sat) Opening Reception 2-4pm, Awards Presentation 3pm
Dec 12 (Sat) Exhibition closes
Dec 12 (Sat) Return of Work to Artist from 4-6pm
VAST charges $25.00 for work left after specified deadlines for picking up unaccepted or exhibited work.
214-450-2333 or email@example.com
Visual Arts Society of Texas
PO Box 1281
Denton, TX 76202
Submitted by Rebecca Barham. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Art News DFW