All instruction to resume March 23 – information about delivery method for classes will be available by March 19.
Faculty and Staff should continue to report to work on campus at this time. Faculty will focus on transitioning to online or alternative instructional delivery.
President Neal Smatresk in press release said: “Our campus health teams and executive leadership have been continuously following the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), with a focus on safeguarding the well-being of our students, staff, faculty and community.”
Currently there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Denton County.
What you need to know
In an effort to keep our community healthy and safe, and to help reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), UNT is taking the following actions:
- Canceling all in-person classes at all locations for the week of March 16-22, as the university transitions to online or alternative instructional delivery.
- Online classes and field experiences will continue as normal the week of March 16-22.
- All instruction will resume on Monday, March 23.
- By March 19, details about classes will be shared via UNT email. Further communications will be sent as needed, and this website will be kept up to date with the latest information as it becomes available.
- During the week of March 16-22, students are encouraged to stay off campus, if possible. For students who are currently on campus or for those who need to return, residence halls and dining facilities will be open.
- Faculty and staff will continue working on campus. All other business services will be available. Student workers should check with their supervisors regarding work schedules.
For some time, our staff, including doctors from our health center, have been meeting regularly and working with public health partners to provide information and guidance to leadership about the most prudent course of action. These efforts will continue as the university seeks to respond to the virus in a way that will help keep all members of our university community, as well as the communities we interact with, healthy.
Everyone is encouraged to take standard precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as well as any virus or respiratory illness.
Latest campus updates
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Announcement — An Official Notice from the President — Thursday, March 12, 2020
- Latest coronavirus information for UNT community — Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- Coronavirus FAQs and Spring Break travel precautions — Friday, Feb. 28, 2020
Resources for more information or assistance
- Human Resources, 940-565-2281 or AskHR@untsystem.edu
- Division of Student Affairs, 940-565-4909 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Health and Wellness Center, 940-565-2333 or askSHWC@unt.edu
- Emergency Management and Safety Services, 940-369-6153 or email@example.com
- International Affairs, 940-565-2197
- UIT Helpdesk, 940-565-2324 or firstname.lastname@example.org